Version: 1.1.846.118 Filesize: 1MB
- Open Source
- In English
Diskcryptor is an open and free disk encryption program which is designed for Microsoft Windows. It supports encrypting internal and external drives, iSO images and even the system partition. It contains a handy feature which lets you pause encryption and resume it after some time or even on a different computer. This software is developed by the Diskcryptor team. Its latest version is named Diskcryptor 1.1.846.118, and the supporting platforms are Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
Diskcryptor is released in 4 versions from 0.1 to 0.4, which is fully compatible with Truecrypt. Its partition format is developed especially for encrypting partitions with data on them. And TrueCrypt format has been the original event for the creation of encrypted volumes; this move allowed it for an increase and descriptive stability which removed many problems of file systems and created an optimal format for subsequent development of the program. It supports Twofish, AES-256 and Serpent encryption algorithms.
Other users can use a combination of cascaded algorithms which would keep data safe in all cases, including if one of the algorithms is broken. Provides a guarantee of safe cryptographic algorithm implementations as they are verified by a built-in test according to official test vectors and open source code. It assures that no back doors are present in this program.
Features of Diskcryptor
1. It supports encryption algorithms such as serpent and Twofish.
2. It provides transparent encryption of disk partitions.
3. It offers full protection or support for dynamic disks.
4. It supports disc devices with large sector sizes which are essential for hardware raid operation.
5. It has high performance and is computable with the efficiency of a non-encrypted system.
6. It provides support for hardware acceleration.
7. It has AES-NI instructions which are set on the new Intel CPU.
8. It has Padlock extensions.
9. It has a wide variety of choices in the configuration of booting an encrypted OS.
10. It is fully compatible with third-party bootloaders such as LILO, GRUB, etc.
11. It supports standard files such as NTFS, FAT12/16/32, etc.
12. Users can increase security by using one or more key files.
13. It supports an optional command-line interface.
14. It has an option to create encrypted CDs and DVDs.
How to download and install Diskcryptor on PC?
- 1. Just click on the download button and select the location where the file will be downloaded.
- 2. After the downloading process is completed, open the downloaded setup file.
- 3. Now click the next button and proceed through the setup menu.
- 4. Installation process will take a few minutes, so be patient.
- 5. Now click on the finish button and run the Diskcryptor application.
- It encrypts external as well as internal devices.
- Very small size
- Free for use
- Install very quickly and easily
- It supports pausing an encryption
- Works with RAID volumes
- It can automatically dismount volumes on logging off.
- Has a significant bug.
- No update from 2014