Version: standard8.61.020.5611 Filesize: 12MB
- Open Source
- In English
Deep Freeze is a software developed by Faronics and is available for Microsoft Windows and macOS operating systems. The software is a type of reboot to restore software, allowing the system administrator to store or protect the operating system's core and the configuration files on a cloud or server. This is done by restoring or reconfiguring a computer system back to its saved or original configuration every time it is restarted.
The software can also protect your PC from harmful malware and other similar damaging components as every time it is restarted, it automatically deletes or no longer "sees" the downloaded files or any changes that were made in the software. The software also has one more advantage: the lightweight nature of the software, which allows it to run in the operating systems without slowing it in any way. The disadvantage of the software is that it does not provide any real-time protection to the PC. Therefore once infected, the only option is to restart the PC if you want to restore the laptop's condition.
- The software freezes your endpoints in the state you require. The software can then reboot from any state with just a simple command.
- The software provides the users with unrestricted access and avoids restrictive PC lockdown for maintaining security.
- The software can reverse configuration drifts with a simple computer reboot, which allows the users to save their work.
- Useful also in malicious reversions, which includes zero-day threats on your computer.
- The software also helps in saving and protecting the computer from malicious phishing.
- Deep Freeze only keeps software that has got compliance from you and deletes everything else, which helps achieve license compliance.
How to download Deep Freeze for your PC?
- 1. To download Deep Freeze on your PC, click on the following download button, which will start the download instantly. Once the Deep Freeze setup download is finished, click on the downloaded file to begin the installation of the software.
- 2. If you can't, find the downloaded setup file in the browser, go to the downloads of your PC and click on the downloaded file there, and once the installation process starts, you will see a welcome note from the developers.
- 3. Click on Next to go to the next window of the installer; once you're on the next window, click on the I Agree button when you're asked to agree for the End User's License Agreement as clicking on Disagree will cause the installation process to be terminated.
- 4. Now on the next window, click on the address bar to write the path to the location where you intend to save the files of the software; if you can't write the path, click on the Browse button and go to that location to save the path automatically.
- 5. Now the final installation will take place; after it is done, exit the setup by clicking on the Finish button. And now you're ready to use Deep Freeze.
- Automatic syncing with cloud and server
- Robust centralized and intuitive IT support
- No free version available
- Not the best option for the small businesses