Version: 1.0.0 Filesize: 2.1MB
- Open Source
- In English
CrossFire is developed by Smilegate Entertainment, and is published in China by Tencent, in Indonesia by Lyto and in all other parts of the world by Smilegate; the software is compatible with Microsoft Windows. It is an online multiplayer tactical FPS (First Person Shooter) developed to run on the LithTech Jupiter EX game engine. As of 2014, the game became the world's top-grossing online games, and in 2018 it even became the highest-grossing video-game with over $ 10 Billion in lifetime revenue. Because of its popularity in Asia, especially in South Korea and China, the game also became the world's most played games with a lifetime count of over 1 billion users in around 80 countries around the globe. The game was also going to get a movie adaptation which was announced in October 2015.
The game is a free-to-play FPS which features two major mercenary groups called the “Global Risk” and the “Black List”. The mercenaries groups fight with each other in a global conflict. The players can choose either of the two groups to play the game. When the players start playing, they are made into teams with the other members (players) from the same group as you. Each mode supports 16 players, eight players from each mercenary group and same in a team. The players have to progress to through the ranks starting from trainee to the highest being Marshall. The players are allowed to customize their pieces of equipment and other gear to reach that top spot.
The game comes with many modes some of which are listed below:-
- Team Deathmatch- The rules of the match are simple, the first team to make a specific number of kills or the team with the most number of kills after a particular amount of time wins, and a player can respawn even after they die.
- Free for all- As the name suggests, there are no teams, and the players can kill anyone in the battle area. A player wins the game either by reaching making the maximum number of kills after the timer runs out or by a player who gets a specific amount of kills. The players can respawn.
- Search & Destroy- The team from the Black List has the objective to plant C4 explosives at a place and blow it up or clear the area of all the players from the opposing team, on the other hand, the Global Risk players have to stop the other team from planting the C4 or by clearing the players from the other team. Once a player is killed, there is no respawn
- Zombie Mode- The game comes with a zombie mode, in this mode, a team of four players are put in a Zombie Apocalypse scenario where they have to survive a fixed number of rounds and in the last round they have to defeat the boss, and they win. Or if all the players are killed the mode ends.
How to download on PC (Windows)?
- 1. Click on the download button given on the top-right corner of the screen to download the setup to download CrossFire setup.
- 2. Once the setup is downloaded, click on the files name CrossFire, to start the installation process.
- 3. Read the License Agreement given and click on ‘I Agree’ to continue the setup.
- 4. Specify the path you want your install files to take, and click on continue.
- 5. The setup has now finished installing your game, and you're ready to CrossFire.
- Highly customizable game
- Several modes available
- No protection against cheating
- Too old graphics
- Lots of bugs