Corel PaintShop Pro (32-bit)
- Open Source
- In English
Corel PaintShop Pro or more commonly known as just PaintShop Pro (PSP), the software was initially developed and published by JASC Software. JASC first released it in August 2990. The Corel Corporation in 2004 purchased the JASC Softwares and the distribution rights for PaintShop Pro. The software comes with a shareware license and supports only the Windows operating system. It is developed for IA-32 and x64 platform, and it is written in Python. Corel sells the X-numbered versions in two editions, one is the essential editing tool PaintShop Pro, and the other as PaintShop Pro Ultimate which is sold as a bundle with other programs, like additional artistic tools and plugins. The functionality of the software can also be extended using Photoshop compatible plugin.
The first usage of Corel PaintShop Pro can feel a little overwhelming because a large number of editing and creation tools available in the software, it takes some time for a new user to accommodate with the software and customize it to your needs. A large number of tools may also make the process of installation a bit lengthy. The software comes with several toolbars, palettes and windows; it is necessary for the user first to spend time using the tools and other stuff in the app, to get accommodated faster. Once you start using the software, you will realize that it an excellent photo editor with all the tools you'll need like cropping, straightening, and rotation tools or retouching tools like the Scratch Remover Tool, and Fix Red-Eye tool.
- PaintShop X8 comes with several new tools like the raw file editor, text wrapping and new lens correction facilities.
- The interface of the application is split into three sections, Adjust, Manage and Edit. Firstly in the Manage area, you will get a file and image browser which is very similar to Adobe Bridge, from where you can easily display a preview of an image, examining EXIF data, and navigate other file folders. The application supports all the standard file formats, and displays even RAW images, directly from a Nikon, Sony and Canon cameras flawlessly.
- The software also comes with various viewing options; one of them is map viewing which can be used to geolocate the location where the image was captured. When you need to edit your photos quickly, click on the Adjust tab; it comes with a simplified interface and is very similar to the on1 Perfect Effects or Lightroom.
- In the adjust tab, you can see editing options and various filters whose application can be decreased or increased with the help of a slider, like filters for removing noise in an image or boosting colour saturation.
- The Adjust tab comes with around 100 filters which are excellent and easy to apply, and that why are also called Instant Effects. These effects are divided into various categories like Film Styles, Portrait and Landscape. The software has options to apply multiple filters on the same photo, while the adjustment slider can be used to change the look of your image. The software also comes with other useful tools for removing red-eye, whitening teeth, and even reducing the waistline.
How to download Corel PaintShop Pro X8 on PC?
- 1. Click the download button given on the top-right corner to start downloading the Corel PaintShop Pro setup.
- 2. Once the download is complete, double-click the PaintShop setup to run it.
- 3. The installer would ask for End Users Agreement, click on I Agree to continue the installation.
- 4. Once the wizard has finished the installation process, you are ready to edit some pictures.
- Powerful features
- Attractive price for the complete version
- Caters all abilities
- More versatile than others in the market
- Limited adjust features
- Intimidating for new users
- No macOS support
App Name: Corel PaintShop Pro (32-bit)
License: Open Source
OS: Windows (All Versions)
Latest Update: 2020-12-05
Developer: Corel Corporation
User Rating: 3.93
Category: Imaging and Digital Photo