Version: internetbrowser188.8.131.52 Filesize: 77.3MB
- In English
Comodo IceDragon is software developed by Comodo Group, and it is based on the open-sourced coding of Firefox and is made available only for Microsoft Windows. The software developers made the software with the primary reason of making it more secure than the original software and thus better than Firefox. The software is available with MPL 2.0 license and developed with Quantum Engine. Even if the source code of the software is the same as that of Firefox, the developers of Comodo IceDragon claim it to be better than the original.
The software comes with lots of measures and features for fixing and increasing the security level that comes with the software. The software developers claim that it is a secure and versatile browser that is based on Firefox by Mozilla. It is equipped with several functions that make it high-performance, secure, and feature-rich software with a core build. The software having the same source code as Firefox makes it very compatible with the usable plug-ins on Firefox. The software developers say that it has the functionality and freedom from the Firefox browser and unparalleled privacy and security from Comodo.
- Comodo IceDragon comes with many features but to name a few of them, it is based on the Firefox browser, and thus it is compatible with all the plug-ins that work with Firefox, and this means that you don’t have to worry about any shortage of plug-ins or extensions.
- The software comes with an in-built malware and other malicious content detectors, which is called SiteInspector makes sure that your software browser stays protected and secure all the time. The SiteInspector scans the links before you click on any and also the webpages that are being opened by the user so that if there is a chance of any malware, it can be instantly blocked.
- The software also comes integrated with Secure DNS Service, a feature of Comodo that allows the user to use the DNS provided by the browser rather than your ISPs which may be less than the one provided by Comodo IceDragon.
- This is a better option for a DNS because the software provides a DNS with a real-time updated blocklist that is used by the software as a reference for blocking malicious sites that you may come across while browsing online.
- The software also comes with integrated social media, and it also provides share buttons for instantly sharing a webpage that you came across while browsing on different social media platforms.
- The software also has a portable mode that is prompted while installation; the only difference is that your software is installed in a USB or other external storage in portable mode.
How to download Comodo IceDragon for your PC?
- 1. To download and install Comodo IceDragon, click on the download button given on the top-right corner of the screen. Now the software will get downloaded, and when it is done, click on the downloaded file to start the installation process.
- 2. Now you will be shown the welcome note from the developers of the software. Click on Next to go to the next window where you are shown the usage license, now click on I Agree to continue with the installation.
- 3. Now the software will ask you for the location where the software files will be saved; click on the address box and enter the custom address of the location where you wish to save the files or continue with the default location.
- 4. Now the final installation will take place, and when it is done, click on the Finish button to exit the setup. You are ready to use Comodo IceDragon.
- Provides the user with fast, secure connections
- Fast browsing speeds
- Other than extra security, not many features
- Busy design as compared to others in the market