Version: 2.9.01 Filesize: 14.63MB
- In English
Celtx is a software developed by Celtx Inc., and it is designed for organizing and creating media projects. The software is cloud-based and, therefore, can run on multiple platforms without getting hindered by anything. The software is made available for macOS and Windows operating systems and under the Mozilla General Public License v2, which means that it can be used for free by anyone interested in using it. The software can be used as a pre-production-based software required for projects such as games, machinima, documentation, videos, stage plays, films, podcasts, and screenplays.
The software's desktop version is built with great care and is released as an open, non-proprietary software that can be modified by the users. The software has achieved translations in over 23 languages, with the massive effort of volunteers and the feedback from the international community members devoted to the software; it is called Celtx Community. The parent company stopped the distribution of the 2.9.7 and earlier versions of the software officially, but the executable files are still available for use. The software is called Celtx because it is an acronym that stands for Crew, Equipment, Location, Talent, and XML.
- The software comes with industry-level editors, which can provide you with a method to write promos, features, shorts, videos, webisodes, commercials, and more.
- The software allows you to create a storyboard, to adapt to the creative version. It also provides you with blocks that can mark lighting, camera, and cast positions for a shoot.
- With the software, you can breakdown the script to make sure all props, talents, wardrobe, locations, equipment, and crew are ready for the shot.
- Celtx also allows you to plan everything ahead of time; this includes the shot movement, angle, type, cast, and equipment required. With this, you can make a list of everything you need for the software.
- The software also allows you to schedule the shoots so that everyone is ready with their parts when they arrive for the scene's shooting.
How to download Celtx for PC?
- 1. To download Celtx for PC, click on the following download button, which will directly start downloading the software in your browser, which means that you don't have to look around too much in search of the software.
- 2. Once the Celtx setup file is downloaded, you can click on it to start the installation process, but if the installation process does not start, you can go to the default downloads folder and double-click on the file there to start the installation.
- 3. Once the installation process has started, you will see the installation wizard's first window, which is a welcome screen; click on the Next button to continue with the installation.
- 4. On the next screen, you will see an End User's Agreement for the installation and the usage of the software; you can read these terms and conditions if you want, and click on I Agree, clicking on Disagree aborts the installation process.
- 5. Once this is done, click on Next to go to the next window where you will be asked to enter the location of the place where the installation files will be stored; if you don't know what path to writing use the browse button to select the location through the browser window.
- 6. Now you're ready to start the final installation process, click on Next to start the final installation of the software. Click on Finish after the procedure is over and you want to exit the installer.
- 7. Now you're ready to make projects with Celtx.
- Application is also available for phones
- Works with both Windows and macOS
- Offline mode has to be initiated while the project is still online
- No collaborations can be made in offline mode