Bitdefender Internet Security (64-bit)
- Open Source
- In English
Bitdefender is software for maintaining your PC or laptop's cybersecurity and is developed by the Romanian company with the same name; it specializes in developing antivirus and cybersecurity measures for different devices. Bitdefender was founded by Florin Talpes in 2001, and he is currently the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of the company, the software of the company are made available worldwide. Bitdefender manufactures software for endpoint security, antiviruses, internet security software, cybersecurity-related software, and other services. Till 2018, the software has 500 million users all over the world.
SOFTWIN first developed the software, and it was sold in the category of Antivirus Expert (AVX) until 2001, when it was renamed Bitdefender. In 2007, Bitdefender was spun off from SOFTWIN. The company releases several products related to cybersecurity like Bitdefender's Internet of Things called the Bitdefender BOX, a router made to protect smart home devices such as AI assistants and other smart devices from hackers and other data thieves. Bitdefender also gives a Cloud-based security service for Android and iOS users called Bitdefender Mobile Security.
- Bitdefender comes with several powerful tools that help defend your PC or laptop from all kinds of threats present online such as worms, viruses, ransomware, trojans, zero-day exploits, spyware, or any other type of threats that you may face; Bitdefender has a solution to every need.
- The software identifies the already known ransomwares and other such programs and monitors open and running programs and other similar material for suspicious activity and system lagging. It tags and reports such a program online and warns you against its use.
- Bitdefender Photon is a Bitdefender program that helps improve the performance and other such handling capabilities of the system. The software can optimize your RAM and memory usage to meet your needs perfectly.
- All the scans and other protection are carried out online via Cloud so that the software does not put too heavy load on the system hardware. This also helps the software function better as its functioning would not be affected by any threat that may have entered your device, and it can safely remove the problem.
How to download Bitdefender on your PC?
- 1. To download and install Bitdefender on your PC, first, uninstall any other antivirus and any security software present on your PC.
- 2. After you've done that, download the Bitdefender files by clicking on the download button given on the top-right corner of the browser screen; once you've clicked, your software files will start downloading.
- 3. Once they've downloaded successfully, you're ready for the installation part of the software. In your downloads, look for a file with the name of Bitdefender and double click on it to run the setup, or you can also right-click on the file and select the Run as Administrator option to run the software.
- 4. Now the installation process starts; follow the instructions of the software installation wizard.
- 5. You will be asked about the End User's Agreement; click on I Agree to continue with the installation process, click on Disagree if you don't agree with the software's terms and conditions, and want to abort the installation process.
- 6. On the next window, you will be shown the location bar; for the place where the installation files will be saved, you can continue with the location given by the wizard, or you can also specify the location.
- 7. Once the installation process is done, run the software, and customize it according to your needs, give the permissions required to protect your device entirely.
- 8. Bitdefender is ready to be used and also ready to protect you from all kinds of cyberthreats.
- Protect all the area of the computer
- Easy and straightforward to use
- Special mode for gaming and laptops
- Three different interface and screen designs
- The installation process is lengthy
App Name: Bitdefender Internet Security (64-bit)
License: Open Source
OS: Windows XP64 / Vista64 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64
Latest Update: 2021-01-14
User Rating: 3.15
Category: Firewalls and Security