Version: 18.104.22.168 Filesize: 11.73MB
- In English
Automation is beneficial in the current era of technology. In case you are running out of time for completing a specific task within a deadline, you can rely on the system to do so with accuracy. This software will result in a reduced chance of last-minute errors that might creep in if the task is done manually. Automation testing measures software quality with other tools or software code, which compares the actual outcomes with the predicted results. The real test is run automatically, without any manual intervention. There are many options available to do this job. One of the best options is AutoIt.
AutoIt is a BASIC-like scripting language. The language is designed for automating the Windows Graphical User Interface and general scripting. With the help of a combination of mouse movement, simulated keystrokes, and window/control manipulation, AutoIt automates tasks in a way not possible or reliable with other languages.
Over time it has become a powerful language that supports complex expressions, user functions, loops, and everything else that veteran scripters would expect. Still, initially, AutoIt was designed for PC to automate and configure thousands of PCs reliably. AutoIt is a very self-contained scripting language and will run on all versions of Windows.
The latest version of AutoIt is AutoIt v22.214.171.124. It can be run on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008/2008 R2, Windows 7, Windows 8 (desktop mode), Windows 10 (desktop mode). It was initially released by Jonathan Bennett and the AutoIt team in January 1999.
Features of AutoIt
- The syntax of AutoIt is straightforward to learn, just like BASIC. It is also safe to use on servers due to its small design with no external .dll files or registry entries required.
- AutoIt automated tasks like simulating keystrokes and mouse movement, manipulating windows, and processes.
- It allows you to interact with all standard windows controls, and scripts can be compiled into standalone executables.
- It comes with a detailed help file and sizeable community-based support forums.
How to download and install AutoIt on your PC?
- 1. Just click on the download button and select the location where the AutoIt file will be downloaded.
- 2. After the downloading process is completed, open the downloaded file.
- 3. Now click the next button and then click on the "agree" button.
- 4. Installation process will take a few minutes, so be patient.
- Now click on the finish button and run the Autolt application.
- Baton tool to inspect UI elements
- Can use many object properties to identify UI controls
- The project is actively maintained.
- It's free to use but closed source.
- Provides its own eyes to write a script.
- You cannot run tests in parallel.
- Coding required
- You must handle timing on your own through hardcoded .sleep
- No built-in record playback
- Not famous, so it's harder to get community support.