Age of Empires III
Version: 1.0.0 Filesize: 1.5MB
- In English
Age of Empires III is the third instalment in the Age of Empire (AoE) series and was released first for PC on 18 October 2005. It is published by Microsoft Game Studios and developed by Ensemble Studios. The game later got two expansion packs, the first one was released on 17 October 2006 and was called The War Chiefs, it came with three new Native American civilizations. The second one was released on 23 October 2007 namely The Asian Dynasties which had three new Asian Civilizations.
Age of Empire III is set at the beginning of the colonial period between the 1500s and 1800s. It continues the story of where its predecessor left off. Age of Empires II left off at the discovery of the New World. The game follows a similar pattern as of Age of Empires II; the player is given a small settlement which he/she has to develop into an Empire. The player also has to go through five 'Ages' which are tiered and with each new tier comes more powerful upgrades and units. After the game's release, it was able to become one of the bestselling PC games of its time and had old around 2million gamers in its first three years of release. The game is available for Windows, macOS, N-Gage and Microsoft Mobile.
- While the other two predecessors of the game mostly focused on sprite-based 2D units but the Age of Empires III shifted its focus on 3D visuals.
- The game is based on eight principal civilizations that move through the five 'Ages'. Namely, these civilizations are Spanish, Dutch, French, British, Portuguese, Russian, Ottoman and German. With every new age, better and more powerful home-based military units and buildings are unlocked.
- The five ages are Discovery, Colonial, Fortress, Industrial, and Imperial; the Imperial period unlocks all military units (both offensive and defensive), upgrades and buildings.
- The game has certain new advancements that weren't present in the previous versions, like the 'Home City' and the 'Political System' which is capable of granting bonuses when you meet specific goals.
- With the success of the game, the developers decided to release two expanding packs for the game. One was Age of Empires III: The War Chiefs and the other was Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties. The War Chief came with three Native American tribes, namely, Sioux (Lakota), Iroquois, and Aztecs. At the same time, The Asian Dynasties came with three significant civilizations Japanese, Indian, and Chinese.
- The game comes with multiplayer capabilities which can be played through a number of ways like the Ensemble Online Studios (ESO) bundled application or through an IP or LAN connection. For macOS, a player must download Gameranger or use LAN to play using multiplayer.
How to download on PC (Windows)?
- 1. Click on the download button given on the top-right corner of the screen. The setup for Age Of Empires III starts downloading.
- 2. When the setup is fully downloaded, go to the default downloads folder of your browser and search for a file with the name Age of Empires III and double-click on it to run the setup.
- 3. Wait for some times till the software gets installed.
- 4. Once the software has installed, exit the setup by clicking on the finish.
- 5. You're ready to build your empire and rule.
- Scenario editor available
- Many improvements in comparison to its predecessors
- In-depth graphic detail
- System requirements are hefty.
- Missing multiplayer cross-platform support