Version: 16.0.2611.0 Filesize: 63.27MB
- In English
Microsoft Corporation has developed the 3D Builder. It is free software and is downloadable from the Microsoft Store, and its main feature is to design and make a 3D object. With this software, you can download, create or edit many kinds of 3D files. The tools given for the work are easy-to-use and yet powerful. The software enables you even to make yourself look 3D; you have to take a picture from your webcam, and the software will help you in doing the rest. You can build anything from scratch or scan an object. With Microsoft 3D Builder, you can also make 3D personalized items by embossing your name on it or combine two or more things to create something new. You have to wish, and it can be made, the only limit being your imagination.
The software is also capable of producing any object you make into a live 3D object. It can even use 2D images to make a 3D object. It supports BMP, JPG, PNG, and TGA files. The interface of the software is very user-friendly and uses drag-and-drop methods for editing objects. You can merge, intersect or subtract object from each other or slice all of them into pieces. You can use the software either to print 3D objects, and you can also use it to print 3D objects in a 2D format on a sheet of paper. For the 3D files the software supports 3MF, OBJ, STL, PLY, glTF (v2.0), and WRL (VRML v2.0). The Save as function in the program saves the projects into 3MF, PLY, STL, or OBJ files.
- The objects look very realistic even as softcopy, which includes translucent and metallic objects.
- The layered paint tools allow stacking of textures and also supports transparent texture area.
- 3d Builder app has all the tools you need to make 3D content printable.
- The small flaws that might have come while designing an object can be removed easily with the help of smoothing and simplifying tools present in the 3D Builder.
- Automatically repairs errors in objects, so it is more comfortable for you to print them.
- You can add a base to an object so that you can create trophies and busts out of them.
- The app comes with full glTF file format support – natural material, animated objects pose selection, and you can even share your creation with the others in the glTF universe.
- It is possible to browse Remix3D.com through the software for new inspiration and to know more about 3D drawings.
How to download 3D Builder on PC
- 1. Click on the Download button given on the top-right corner of the page; your setup starts getting downloaded.
- 2. Open the downloaded installer file and follow the instructions of the installation wizard to install on your PC.
- 3. Click on Finish to exit the wizard, and the installation is done. Now you are ready o create any 3D object of your choice or download one from the internet and modify it as per your preference.
- Conversion from image to a 3D object possible
- Print or scan 3D images
- Snapping feature available
- Simple user-interface
- Doesn’t support popular 3D formats
- A limited number of features
- Building 3D models is difficult.