Corsair is one of the top brands for manufacturing RAM modules but now they have started manufacturing gaming peripherals as well. Currently, it is one of the top companies that allow users to install RGB lighting on all their gaming peripherals and devices.
So, if you have always wondered how you can customize your Corsair devices then you should check out Corsair iCUE software. What is amazing about this software is that it blends the features of Corsair LINK and Corsair CUE. So, you are able to monitor the performance of your devices and control the RGB lighting with a single application.
With Corsair Utility Engine (iCUE), you can not only easily manage and customize the PC components but external gaming devices as well. In this post, you will learn all about the features of this amazing customization software and how to get it on your Windows PC and start using it.
Features or Corsair iCUE Software
Corsair iCUE is a complete package that allows the users to manage all their Corsair products with a single application making it easy and convenient to modify the settings. You are offered a wide range of features such as complex button/key remapping, lighting presets, macro creation, etc.
Here are a few amazing features of Corsair iCUE software that make it such an amazing software for customizing and monitoring.
Monitor the System Statistics
One of the top features of Corsair iCUE software is that it makes it easy to monitor your PC components and external gaming peripherals. You can easily keep a track of the power usage, temperature, lighting, and so on.
This software is a blend of Corsair CUE and Corsair LINK so you will find it easy to monitor the temperature of different components such as CPU, PSU, Corsair AIO liquid temperature, etc.
Control the Fan Speed and Pumps
Apart from monitoring the statistics of your PC components, you will also be able to control the fan speed and the Corsair AIO water pump. You have a few preset options to work with such as Quiet, Extreme, etc. and can create custom fan curves as well so that you are in complete control of the fan speed.
One of the best fan modes is the Zero RPM mode that allows you to stop the spinning of the radiator fan to reduce the noise level.
Change the RGB LED Lighting
One of the top features of Corsair iCUE software is that you can use it to customize the RGB LED lighting color for your devices, both internal and external. For novices, there are a few pre-configured RGB LED lighting modes as well which can make it easier to use this feature.
You have lighting profiles such as Rain, Color Shift, Visor Random Color, etc. so you can choose any of them. For advanced users, there is also the option of customizing the RGB layers so that you can enjoy complex lighting and better gaming experience.
Device Specific Customizations
Corsair iCUE not only allows you to customize fan speeds, RGB LED lights, and so on but also gives you the option to make device-specific changes. So, you can fine-tune the DPI of your mouse or assign macros to the keys of your keyboards, there is a lot you can do with this software.
In-Game Lighting Integration
Finally, Corsair iCUE also allows users to enjoy in-game reactive lighting to make gaming sessions more fun. So, you can not only manage the RGB LED lighting for your gaming devices but can even modify the lighting for compatible PC components.
Basically, the RGB LED lighting color can be matched with the in-game onscreen for an amazing gaming experience.
Installation Requirements for Corsair iCUE
Now, before you begin to download Corsair iCUE software on your PC, make sure that your PC meets the minimum system requirements for the installation process.
Take a look at the minimum requirements for Corsair iCUE below:
Operating System – Windows 10 or higher
Available Storage Space – 750 MB on Hard Disk
Sockets – AMD FM2 or AM4 or newer
Chipset for CPU – Intel Z170 (dual channel system) or Intel X99 (Quad channel system) or higher
You can also install Corsair iCUE on a macOS but you would need to meet the following system requirements:
Operating System – 2015 or later
macOS version – macOS 10.15 or newer
Available Storage Space – 500 MB on Hard Disk
How to Download and Install Corsair iCUE on your Windows PC
After checking the system requirements, you can go ahead and download Corsair iCUE software on your Windows PC.
You can follow the below steps to get started with Corsair iCUE on your Windows platform:
- Go to the official website of Corsair at https://www.corsair.com/ to download the Corsair iCUE application.
- Next, select Support ->Downloads option to open the download page for Corsair applications.
- On the Downloads page, select the ‘Corsair iCUE’ category from the dropdown menu and you will see all the matching results being displayed on the screen.
- Choose the Corsair iCUE for your operating system and then click on the download icon link next to it.
- Your download will automatically start, wait for it to get completed.
- Once the download is complete, go to the Download folder on your PC where your newly-downloaded file is saved.
- Now, double-click on the installation file for Corsair iCUE software and begin the installation process.
- Make sure you follow all the instructions on the installation wizard and wait for the installation to get completed.
Corsair iCUE software is now successfully installed on your Windows PC and is ready to use.
How to Use Corsair iCUE
To start using Corsair iCUE, you just need to follow the below steps:
- Launch your Corsair iCUE software and connect a few Corsair devices to your PC.
- On the Device page of the application, you will see all the Corsair devices that you connected being automatically detected and being displayed in a list.
- Click on the device that you wish to customize and change its DPI, lighting, etc.