BlueStacks Emulator is a free emulator that runs an Android Operating System on your PC. The emulator allows the user to run their favorite Android games on PC without having to attach your phone with tons of cables and different software. But one needs to ensure the smooth functioning of their PCs since it is a resource-heavy software that might slow down your PC in the future.
What is an Android Emulator?
An emulator is a tool that helps in creating a virtual Android device on your PC. These emulators are used for the successful deploying of apps on your IDE(integrated development environment) rather than deploying it on your actual Android Device. Emulators like BlueStacks are capable of running Android Apps on your PCs wherein some emulators like Genymotion emulates an entire operating system.
The best thing about the BlueStack emulator is that it doesn’t differentiate between any Windows hardware, as it can run on both the Intel and AMD chipsets. So there is no issue of compatibility with this emulator.
But with all such capabilities, there are some limitations too.
Some emulators create separate directories to store the data. A single virtual device can take space up to 3.5 gigs which in time occupies most of the space on the drive thus slowing the PC’s performance.
If at the launch of the emulator your PC doesn’t have enough space your emulator might crash and burn.
Feature of BlueStacks
- Free: – The application is free to use and charges no cost for its basic applications which mostly include playing games. Although it charges a nominal amount of $2 if the user needs to install titles in partnership with BlueStacks.
- Multitasking:- One can perform multitasking without interfering with the game. Multitasking is quite important for some users and this app ensures that.
- Available in Different Languages:- Another feature that makes the BlueStacks stand apart from the crowd is the availability of the emulator in different languages.
- Android Compatibility:- An important feature in which the BlueStack emulator is compatible with all the premium Android titles such as PUBG, Fortnite Mobile, and many more. Many new Android games are adding to this compatibility line.
Finally, BlueStacks offers some special features which include app syncing between phone, moving of files between BlueStack and Windows via a shared folder.
Installation Requirement for BlueStacks
Minimum system requirements
- OS: Microsoft Windows 7 and above.
- Processor: Intel or AMD Processor.
- RAM: Your PC must have at least 2GB of RAM. (Note that having 2GB or more disk space is not a substitute for RAM)
- HDD: 5GB Free Disk Space.
You must be an Administrator on your PC.
Up to date graphics drivers from Microsoft or the chipset vendor
Recommended system requirements
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10
- Processor: Intel or AMD Multi-Core Processor with Single Thread PassMark score > 1000.
- Graphics: Intel/Nvidia/ATI, Onboard or Discrete controller with PassMark score >= 750.
- RAM: 8GB or higher
- HDD: SSD (or Fusion/Hybrid Drives)
- Internet: Broadband connection to access games, accounts, and related content.
·Up to date graphics drivers from Microsoft or the chipset vendor.
How to Download and Install BlueStacks on PC
The user needs to download the software from the official site of BlueStacks before installing it. The download is quite simple as one needs to search for Download from the official site and click on the Download BlueStacks button. As the downloading of the installer finishes click on it to run it.
- As you click on the installer it will run. By default, it will install on C Drive. However, this default directory can be changed during the installation process.
- All the games and apps are saved into this directory, so the directory cannot be changed after the installation. So make sure that you have selected the drive with an ample amount of space to avoid any storage issue in the future.
- Installation of the emulator will take a few minutes. As the installation finishes, you will be prompted to link a Google Play Store Account so that you can start playing mobile games on your PC.
How to Upgrade BlueStacks Emulator
One can easily upgrade a BlueStack Emulator after installation by following these steps:-
- The latest version of the BlueStack can be downloaded from the official site itself.
- For users with the previous version, and updated information will be prompted and you can click on that to update and the installer will run its course.
- After the update, the data and app will remain intact although the emulator will be updated to the latest version.
With the new version of BlueStacks, one easily downloads and install the emulator with a few simple clicks.
Now your emulator is ready to use and you can enjoy your favorite mobile gaming titles on PC.